‘Tis the season for unrealistic expectations, hectic schedules, financial stress, unhealthy habits and unpredictable (or perhaps quite predictable!) family dynamics. The heightened stress of the holiday season impacts 8 out of every 10 Americans, so ask yourself ...is it really “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?” Perhaps your answer is an enthusiastic “yes”, a resounding “no”, or somewhere in between.
Regardless of how you feel about the upcoming holidays, stress levels are higher for most people and this session will help you create a plan for a happy and healthy holiday season.
- Acknowledge both positive and negative aspects of the holidays
- Identify common sources of holiday stress
- Learn practical, realistic tips to reduce holiday stress
- Reflect on traditions – both old and new – and create meaningful moments
- Understand how self-care, realistic expectations and simple pleasures can help you navigate the season