The Africa Minigrid Developers Association (AMDA), in partnership with the UK ICF-funded Renewable Energy Performance Platform (REPP), managed by Camco Clean Energy, are organising a high-impact virtual roundtable to discuss the Kenya Draft Energy (Mini-Grid) Regulations, 2021, and its impact on investment in the sector.
The forum is targeted at financiers and development partners working in the mini-grid space in Kenya and across Africa.
Focus areas to be covered include:
- Key aspects of the proposed regulatory framework and how they address investment risks
- Anticipated impact of the new regulations on mini-grid development in Kenya
- National electrification planning, the role of mini-grids and the risk of grid arrival
- Collaboration between the public and private sectors to advance electrification and climate action
AMDA and REPP are aiming to use the event to collect further feedback from the funder community and strengthen the basis for successful public-private collaboration to support the implementation of the Kenyan government’s goal of achieving 100% electrification by 2022.
Moderator: Tom George - Managing Director, Africa Grant Advisors and AMDA Advocacy Coordinator (Kenya & Tanzania)
1. Vivian Vendeirinho, President & Founding Member, RVE SOL and AMDA Board Chair
2. Ieva Indriunaite, Policy & Partnerships Manager, Camco Clean Energy
3. Nickson Bukachi, Senior Renewable Energy Officer, Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA)