Join us for the final crafts jam in the Crafts Abyss! Rhonda Weppler will conclude her residency at MAD with a bead-focused episode led alongside her co-host, artist Trevor Mahovsky. During this final craft jam, learn about the history of beads and discover how to make a woven cuff bracelet that bends the rules of classic loom beadwork.
All previous Crafts Abyss projects will also make guest appearances, including fabric cubes, paper peep shows, pom-poms, and model houses. Download free instructions from previous Crafts Abyss projects and jam along during this fun farewell.
Inspired by deep dives down the rabbit hole into online craft tutorials, Weppler and Mahovsky evoke elements of DIY and ASMR videos to create the surreal and meditative world of Crafts Abyss, a video series that explores the fuzzy boundaries of the World Wide Web.
- Thin covered elastic cord (approx. 1 mm wide; black works well)
- Strong craft thread or heavy beading thread (black to match elastic cord)
- Large glass seed beads with large holes
- Sewing needle (must easily fit through the glass seed beads)
- Assorted beads in a range of sizes
- Cardboard from a cereal or cracker box
- Tape (packing tape works well)