Hesitancy, Equity, and Transparency: In Conversation with Pastor and Lawmaker James D. Gailliard on the COVID-19 Vaccine Roll Out
In this web forum, Dr. Mary Pittman, president and CEO of the Public Health Institute, and Pastor James D. Gailliard, a state representative in the North Carolina Assembly, reflect upon efforts to achieve equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and explore how faith-based organizations and state policy interventions work toward this goal in North Carolina.
They will address:
• Issues related to building trust and trustworthiness between. communities and those bringing vaccinations to the communities.
• Successful strategies for reaching vaccine-hesitant communities.
• How data can be used to ensure an equitable vaccine response.
• How vaccine distribution strategies have evolved as supply increases.
• What we have learned about how to build stronger and lasting relationships between communities and public health in preparation for the next pandemic or natural disaster.