This briefing will illustrate the power of adult education to transform lives and build the strength and resilience of communities. Speakers include adults who have taken alternative education paths and are now leaders in the field, as well as practitioners with extensive knowledge of the role of policy in promoting high-quality adult education programs.
• Deborah Kennedy, Executive Director, National Coalition for Literacy (moderator)
• Kim R. Ford, President and CEO, Martha’s Table
• Rachel DeVaughan, Ph.D., Deputy Executive Director, Programs at Mississippi Community College Board
• Carlos Vasquez, Instructor, Catholic Charities of New Mexico
• HollyAnn Fresa-Moore, Principal, Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School
• Marty Finsterbusch, Executive Director, VALUEUSA (closing remarks)