As the proverb goes:
“those who tell the stories rule the world”
Storytelling and narratives are a foundation for literacy and academics. At a deeper level, it is how we share stories and build connection. From weekend news to writing a novel, stories of all depths and lengths make up our stories. However, for some pupils telling you what just happened on the yard is a trial, and re-telling a storybook is immensely difficult.
Delivered by a Speech and Language Therapist, this webinar will introduce you to the foundation skills of narrative development. You will leave the webinar with strategies you can introduce straight away, without funding or purchasing ‘kit’.
• What are the skills required for narrative and storytelling skills?
• The link to ‘oral language’ curriculum
• How to teach basic story telling skills
• How to support narrative development for pre-literate pupils
• Supporting structure in story generation for older pupils
The webinar is suitable for SNAs, class teachers, learning support teachers who work with primary school (Junior Infants up to 6th Class).