The European Commission will release the textile strategy later this year. What should be in it? Can we build a new business model based on sustainability, digitization and fair trade?
The EP "Sustainable, Long-term investments & Competitive European Industry Intergroup" and EURATEX organise a webinar on 3 June 2021. It will address critical factors for building a competitive European textiles industry.
14.00 – 14.05 Opening remarks: Maria da Graça Carvalho, MEP
14:05 - 14:30 Sustainable Textiles: a business model for the future?
- Paola Migliorini, Deputy Head of Unit, Sustainable Production, Products & Consumption, DG ENVI, European Commission
- Valerie Boiten, Senior Policy Officer, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Sergio Tamborini, CEO, RATTI Spa and SMI President designate
Moderator: Mauro Scalia, Director Sustainable Businesses, EURATEX
14:30 - 14:55 Digital textiles: when innovation needs people
- Yves Paindaveine, Head of Unit “Digital Transformation of Industrial Ecosystems”, DG CONNECT
- Chiara Colombi, Associate Professor, Politecnico di Milano
- Ana Pedrosa Rodrigues, Client Liaison, Pedrosa Rodrigues
Moderator: Lisa Lang, Associate Director Innovation & Skills, EURATEX
14:55 - 15:20 Global textiles: creating a world market for European quality
- Ignacio Garcia Bercero, Director Multilateral Affairs, Strategy, Analysis, Evaluation, DG TRADE, European Commission
- Judith Kirton-Darling, Deputy Secretary General, IndustriAll Europe
- Franz-Peter Falke, CEO, Falke
Moderator: Dirk Vantyghem, Director General, EURATEX
15.20 – 15.30 Closing remarks
Jean-François Gribomont, CEO UTEXBEL and EURATEX Vice-President
Simona Bonafé MEP
Don't wait anymore, register to the event!