Course Title: Air Movement for Energy-Efficient Comfort in Conditioned Spaces
BAF001-CS 1 hour AIA course accreditation
The purpose of this presentation is to learn the principles of thermal comfort, heat transfer and the benefits of the innovative HVAC strategy that pairs traditional air conditioning with energy-efficient air movement.
• Identify the factors that affect thermal comfort
• Explain the sustainability benefits of a design strategy that uses air movement in conjunction with traditional air conditioning.
• Describe how elevated air speed can improve building indoor air quality.
• Identify the factors that affect thermal comfort and the basics of ASHRAE Standard 55 requirements in LEED v4.1 BD+C.
• Understand how ASHRAE Standards 55 are applied in air conditioned spaces.
• Discuss how air movement can assist with meeting the energy performance requirements in LEED v4.1 BD+C
• Using Air Movement with UVC & Ionization to improve indoor Air Quality
Key Account Manager