This Webinar, supported by GET.invest and GOGLA, marks the launch of the new series of Webinars from the Mozambican Association of Renewable Energy - AMER. The focus of this virtual event will be the current discussion on how to address the challenges posed by the pandemic and how private sector actors can operate responsibly within government measures to contain the pandemic. Companies that develop commercial activities in the Renewable Energy sector will be invited to share their experience and how Covid-19 has affected them. This webinar will also feature a session on ongoing initiatives that offer financial and technical support to companies in difficulty as a result of the current context. GET.invest will offer an overview of the existing support at the global level by investors and cooperation partners and the EnDev program will talk about its experience with Covid Pay, a financial instrument to support companies operating in Mozambique. We also count on the contribution of members of international associations in the sector, as well as the presentation of a case study from Nigeria.
1) Introduction & Overview COVID and Essential Services (5)
Emmett Costel, AMER
- Presenting letter submitted to MIREME requesting clarification of whether private sector energy service providers are classified as essential service providers
- Results of survey on Essential Services
2) Perspectives from the PAYGO sector (35)
Panelists: Luke H., Fenix; Miguel S., SolarWorks; Pedro C., Ignite.
Moderator: Ricardo Costa Pereira, AMER
3) Available support to companies (15)
4) Case Study (15)
Segun Adaju, President of the Renewable Energy Association of Nigeria (REAN)
- REAN will provide us with the case study of Nigeria where recognized energy service providers as essential services
5) Open Ended Q&A (20)
Moderated by Emmett Costel, AMER