This conference is a two half-day program in FASEB’s Catalyst Conference series. The overarching focus will be on the current geoscience, biological and biomedical research in soil and water quality and influences on the health of humans, animals, ecosystems, and the environment.
Each half-day virtual program will begin with brief introductory comments by one of the organizers. There will be an identical format for each day:
• A 30-minute overview of the day’s focus, provided by established scientists (see below). Day 1: Soil Health; Day 2: Water Quality
• Two 15- to 20-minute invited presentations of bio or geo scientific research investigations from early stage or mid-career investigators.
• 10-minute break
• Two 15 to 20-minute invited presentations of bio or geo scientific research investigations from early stage, mid-career or established investigators.
• Q&A presenters with chat feature questions moderated by the day’s chair
• The conference will be convened with a special attention to considerations of DEI
FASEB Conferences Diversity Statement:
FASEB is committed to sustaining diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion in the biological and biomedical sciences. FASEB’s goal is to create and support a conference environment that is welcoming and safe for all. FASEB believes inclusion of diverse participants, including attendees and speakers, is critical to the scientific and educational integrity of conferences. Organizers are expected to design programs that reflect this commitment. As part of FASEB’s ongoing assessment towards reaching its diversity goals, conference participants are asked to share diversity information. Any data collected from individuals is treated confidentially and used in aggregate format for internal and external review. For more information, please visit https://faseb.org/About-FASEB/Diversity-Equity-and-Inclusion.