Companies’ obligations to inform their customers about 197 REACH Candidate List Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) in their products changed on 10 September 2015 following the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruling. Companies now have to inform their customers if any articles in their products contain an SVHC more than 0.1% by weight of the article, instead of by weight of the product, and provide information on safe use according to European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) new guidance published 17 December 2015.
In June 2015 the European Commission published Directive 2015/863 which adds four phthalates to the list of substances restricted by the RoHS2 directive. All electrical and electronic products in scope must comply by 22 July 2019, except for Medical Devices and Monitoring and Control instruments which must comply by 22 July 2021.
BOMcheck provides this free webinar to explain these new regulatory requirements and provide demonstrations and training of the BOMcheck tools. The agenda for the webinar includes:
- About BOMcheck
- New REACH compliance obligations
- How BOMcheck complies with the new REACH obligations and reduces supplier time and effort by 61%
- RoHS2 Directive including new phthalate substance restrictions
- Materials at risk of containing the new RoHS2 phthalates
- Supply chain communication tools and assembly tool
- Questions and answers
To hear the audio for the webinar, we recommend using the speakers on your computer or using a headset.