SpinDance’s IoT Boot Camp is a fast-paced, couple of hour course that covers a variety of business and technology topics, and is designed to help business leaders, product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers get up to speed with the IoT landscape.
1. Introduction to IoT: Introduces the Internet of Things; Walks through the 3 basic building blocks of every IoT product; Outlines the 3 archetypical IoT value propositions; Explores the future of IoT.
2. IoT Value: Identifies the top challenges to adopting IoT, then walks through a simple model for identifying how IoT can create value for customers.
3. Creating a Great IoT Product: Explains the end-to-end perspective required to build world-class IoT products, including distributed systems and inter usability.
4. IoT Security Basics: Explains the basics of securing IoT products.
5. Embedded IoT Basics: Describes the critical components for IoT-centric embedded hardware and software.
6. IoT Connectivity: Walks through the types of wireless networks used in IoT, including tradeoffs.
7. The Cloud and IoT: Explains what the cloud is, and how it is used in IoT products. Covers IoT-specific cloud components, and data pipelines for managing Big Data.
8. Managing IoT Change: Outlines a maturity model for adopting IoT across the organization.
9. Further IoT Resources: Further reading and next steps for moving forward with IoT.