Safety is one of the most important components in the home inspection process. A safe home not only protects your
loved ones in the case of an emergency but can also save hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage to your
personal belongings. By putting safety first, you can significantly decrease the chances of emergencies in the home.
More importantly, you can ensure your loved ones are protected. Real estate agents who take this course will be
able to better serve their clients when making home purchasing decisions.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
· Differentiate between the various types of smoke detectors
· Describe carbon monoxide concentration and time of exposure
· Differentiate between the various types of fire extinguishers
· Properly turn off a natural gas valve
· Understand and practice electrical safety in the home
· Create an emergency plan"