In this briefing, we will discuss how these so-called “FedAccounts” can directly offer higher-interest, no-fee accounts with instant payments and complete deposit protection to everyday Americans, with better consumer safeguards than Wall Street. Experts will discuss how FedAccounts could provide an equitable and efficient system for distributing stimulus funds, be a solution for unbanked and underbanked communities, and even strengthen the United States Postal Service.
- United States Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs
- Morgan Ricks, Vanderbilt Law School
- Ashley Burnside, Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- Clint Odom, National Urban League
- Kerwin Brown, UPI Loan Fund
Moderated by Marcus Stanley, Policy Director, Americans for Financial Reform