Join urban leaders to envision cities full of life at this High-level Panel Event hosted by ICLEI as part of the official launch programme of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
Cities are often seen as concrete jungles with little room or thought spared for nature. But people are increasingly realizing that greener cities are healthier, happier and more resilient places. How can we add more green to the grey? How can we revitalise the existing urban ecosystems – such as parks, street trees, waterways, coastlines and patches of forest? And how can cities, as engines of innovation, advance ecosystem restoration in general?
- Ana María Hernández Salgar, Chair of IPBES (Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services)
- Mauricio Vila Dosal, Governor of the State of Yucatán, Mexico (pre-recorded video message)
- Anuela Ristani, Deputy Mayor for International Affairs, Tirana, Albania
- Cheryl Jones Fur, Deputy Lord Mayor of Växjö Municipality, Sweden
- Lena Chan, Senior Director, International Biodiversity Conservation Division, Singapore National Parks Board
- Chumisa Thengwa, Manager: Biodiversity Impact Assessment at eThekwini Municipality (Durban), South Africa
- Kobie Brand, Deputy Secretary-General of ICLEI (host)
Learn more about the event here: https://cbc.iclei.org/restoring-urban-spaces-designing-future-proof-cities-un-decade-launch-event/
Learn more about ICLEI as a Global Partner of the Decade here: https://cbc.iclei.org/the-decade/