On 20 May 2021, join the Global Returns Project from 3:00 to 4:00pm BST (10:00 to 11:00am EST) for a free webinar featuring three of the UK’s most creative and accomplished campaigners for climate action.
Rajiv Joshi, Founder and CEO of Bridging Ventures, is an economist, entrepreneur and activist with two decades of experience in the art of business transformation and social change. Juliet Davenport, Founder and CEO of Good Energy, has been an innovator in energy for over 20 years, working on ideas to fight climate change and transform the sector for the better. Ben Goldsmith, Founder and CEO of Menhaden PLC, is a philanthropist and advocate for environmental issues whose investment trust focuses on energy and resources.
Yan Swiderski, facilitator of 'The Future of Energy in a Capitalist World', is a Trustee of the Global Returns Project: a charitable campaign empowering individuals and financial institutions to fund not-for-profit climate solutions.
This panel is the second instalment of the Global Returns Project's 'Capitalism and the Climate Crisis' event series. Topics of discussion will include:
- The role of capitalism in facilitating or hindering renewable energy innovations and their adoption.
- The success of climate finance efforts in implementing meaningful and lasting social change.
- Efforts to support climate solutions—energy-related or otherwise—outside of systems of capitalist competition.
Event attendees will walk away with:
1. A better understanding of the forms and future of the clean energy innovations on which we will increasingly rely.
2. Insight into the definition and effectiveness of climate finance.
3. Knowledge of the debates around capitalism’s limitations in supporting climate solutions.
One tree will be planted every time someone signs up for the Global Returns Project newsletter when registering. Sign up to the newsletter for free here: https://globalreturnsproject.earth/newsletter/.