Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Definition of and facts about epilepsy
• Classification and management of seizures
• Ethical and legal responsibilities
• Triggers and precipitants
• Person centred care planning and recording
• Risk assessment/promotion of safeguarding and dignity
• Epilepsy, mortality and SUDEP
• Status epilepticus
• Buccal Midazolam: uses in epilepsy, side effects, administration
• Rectal Diazepam: uses in epilepsy, side effects, administration
• Rectal Paraldehyde: uses in epilepsy, side effects, administration
• Emergency care plan and when to call an ambulance
• Access to local and national support network
• Competency framework and theory test
• Applied practical workstation and simulated practical assessment
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be switched off.
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.