The Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) will be holding two interactive webinars in September to emphasize vigilance in preventing influenza in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This first hour-long webinar, which will have time for an interactive discussion with our presenters and other experts (see below), will cover the following topics:
• influenza surveillance in US and worldwide;
• changes in circulation of other common respiratory pathogens, e.g., recent increases in RSV and other non-COVID-19 viruses;
• changes in vaccine strains and changes in influenza ACIP recommendations;
• the impact of influenza;
• communications issues providers may face with regards to perceptions of the need for influenza vaccination; and
• a public perspective on the importance of influenza vaccination and advocacy for vulnerable populations (chronic issues).
This webinar is supported by IAC and a vaccine education grant from Seqirus, Inc.