Close to 90 percent of men and women hold some sort of bias against women according to analysis in UNDP’s Gender Social Norm Index (GSNI) released earlier this year – providing clues to the invisible barriers women face when it comes to achieving equality.
Women-led businesses, for instance, are particularly hard hit by the pandemic as they face structural barriers, limited access to finance, and information asymmetry.
This Business Call to Action and International Finance Corporation (IFC) webinar will explore the impact of COVID-19 on women-led businesses, raise awareness on continued challenges, and highlight opportunities that can help them respond to the current crisis and plan to build back better.
Join the discussion with our panel of experts:
· Luciana Trindade de Aguiar, Head of Business Call to Action at UNDP;
· Heather Mae Kipnis, Global Women Entrepreneurship Lead, IFC;
· Pura Mendez, Women Market Segment Manager, Banco BHD León;
· Nili Klenoff, Senior VP, Product Management, Acceptance Solutions, Mastercard; and
· Maheen Adamjee, Founder, Dot & Line
This webinar is the second in a series tailored for BCtA's recently launched peer-to-peer learning network for women-led inclusive businesses. This learning network aims to spotlight opportunities, share key resources, and provide a supportive space for women entrepreneurs to overcome barriers to their growth.