Ensuring students benefit from every learning opportunity is more essential than ever, especially given the educational inequities exacerbated by school closures last spring and the ongoing health and economic challenges created by Covid-19.
Join our third and final 2020 Attendance Awareness Campaign webinar to hear how community, district and school leaders are supporting student attendance and participation, whether lessons are in person, remote or a blend. Our speakers will share promising approaches used by schools, districts and communities to engage and support students and families in this initial transition to school. We’ll discuss their strategies and the implications for sustaining positive conditions for learning throughout the academic year.
• Zeke Cohen, District 1 Councilmember, Baltimore City Council, MD
• Erica Forti, Superintendent, East Haven Public School District, CT
• Fiorella Guevara, Community School Director, El Puente M.S. 50, Brooklyn, NY
• Ben Honoroff, Principal El Puente M.S. 50 Brooklyn, NY
• Sheri Hanni, Coordinator, Butte County Office of Education, CA
• Kwesi Rollins, Vice President for Leadership & Engagement, Institute for Educational Leadership
• Hedy Chang, Executive Director, Attendance Works