This is the second in a three-part webinar series on the topic of recruiting, developing, and retaining mentor teachers in clinical educator preparation programs.
In addition to exploring a high-interest and emergent problem of practice in clinical educator preparation, the series will also set the stage for important conversations that will be explored more deeply during an in-person regional professional development workshop event that will be held in early 2020.
The webinar learning agenda will include:
• An overview of issues pertaining to the selection and recruitment of mentor teachers;
• A deeper look at processes related to selecting and recruiting high-quality mentor teachers;
• The impact of selection and recruitment processes on ensuring the availability of high-quality mentor teachers for all teacher candidates;
• And be among the first to learn about an Inaugural NCCPEP Workshop on Recruiting, Developing, and Retaining Mentor Teachers that will take place on January 16 & 17, 2020 in the Washington, DC metro area!
• Dr. Donna Cooner, Professor, Colorado State University & NCCPEP Director
• Dr. Derek Decker, Assistant Professor, Colorado State University & NCCPEP Director
• Dr. Jennifer Roth, Assistant Principal, Fort Collins High School (CO) & NCCPEP Director
• Mr. Chris Tholl, Social Studies Teacher, Fort Collins High School (CO)