Following up on past summits in 2008, 2014, and 2017, in Collingwood, Ontario we are excited to announce that the 2020 Lake Huron-Georgian Bay Summit is going virtual!
Please join us for this FREE event. This is an opportunity to broaden the Lake Huron-Georgian Bay network, share experiences, and identify tools and approaches that will assist all participants in advancing conservation and protection initiatives around the watershed.
Agenda - Day 1 (9:30-11:30am)
- Welcome, Greg Mason, Georgian Bay Biosphere
- Land and water ceremony, Hilton King and Christine King, Wasauksing First Nation
- Overview of the Canadian Initiative for Community Action, Greg Mason, Georgian Bay Biosphere
- MECP Great Lakes Program – Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, Carolyn O'Neill, Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Lake Huron Lakewide Action and Management 2017-2021, Paul Parete, Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Success - A Measure Over Time, Seija Deschenes, Manitoulin Streams
- Magnetawan First Nation Lands and Resources River Monitoring and Aquatic Research, Alanna Smolarz, MFN
- Green Ribbon Champions, Daniela Klicper, Lake Huron Centre for Coastal Conservation
- Wrap up, Greg Mason, Georgian Bay Biosphere
Registration link for Day 2 of the virtual summit: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_b6iAHXrsTrSYiRKfr2w9Eg