This is a 90 minute webinar. Motivational Interviewing is an evidence-based method of communication for supporting behavior change. This webinar session provides a brief review of MI fundamentals, processes and skills. The event will build upon participants' skills by teaching easy to use strategies for enhancing patient engagement, motivation, and movement towards a targeted health behavior change during clinic encounters. Additionally, participants will learn best practices for building MI proficiency, along with implementation and system based strategies for integration of MI into clinical systems and practice.
- Explain to others the fundamentals of MI including MI spirit, processes, and skills.
- Understand the use of MI in behavior change conversations and clinical outcomes.
- Use brief MI tools to increase patient motivation in behavior change conversations.
- Identify staff roles in community health care MI practice and implementation.
- Identify a plan for standardization of MI practice in a community health center.
This event is FREE to all Community Health Center staff in Colorado and Region VIII as well as members of CASBHC. All other participants will be invoiced $75 after the event.