A complimentary webinar from Ascentis for MIS and data managers
The delivery of non-regulated learning by colleges and other providers has been an aspect of provision to adults and young people for many years. MIS and data managers have received numerous guidance, rules and clarifications relating to non-regulated learning, and there is still confusion and some concern over how best to record and account for this type of provision. Local flexibilities and the devolution of AEB funding to combined authorities, the holistic approach to the funding of study programmes, and the introduction of traineeships have added to the confusion and the array of responses from MIS managers when curriculum areas plan and deliver non-regulated learning, e.g. pre-entry ESOL.
This webinar, led by Beej Kaczmarczyk and Mike Atkinson, will try to provide some clarity and assurance around the funding and data requirements for non-regulated learning.
It will cover
• What is non-regulated learning, and why is it important?
• The eligibility principles applied to non-regulated learning
• The importance of quality assurance processes, including RARPA
• How to record non-regulated learning in the ILR
• Examples of the use of class codes
• The importance of progression to regulated learning aims