The growing adoption of electronic patient record (EPR) systems is an important first step to improving access to health information, but far too many healthcare organisations believe that EPRs are all that’s necessary for digital-enabled clinical transformation. The fact is, as much as 80 percent of the information that exists on a patient is unstructured (e.g. in clinical documents and medical images) and lives outside of the EPR in a number of siloed systems and repositories. Creating a true single source of patient information means capturing and consolidating this unstructured information and linking it to the EPR. A comprehensive electronic document management system (EDMS) is an essential component of every hospital’s and Integrated Care System’s digital architecture.
In this webinar you will learn:
1. How integrating the right EDMS with your EPR can help provide a single view of all patient content while enhancing digital workflows right across the patient care pathway
2. How the e-signature capabilities of EDMS can enable digital consents, improve patient safety and enhance the patient experience
3. How the EDMS can help link medical images, such as endoscopy photos, with the EPR’s imaging reports, rounding out the completeness of an EPR whilst improving clinical governance and safety
1. David Kwo, EPR Consultant and Researcher, People Source Consulting
2. Saduf Ali-Drakesmith, Manager, Solution Engineers, Hyland Healthcare