Healthcare professionals rely on medical devices to treat their patients and safeguard their health, yet they can be a significant source of exposure to harmful endocrine disrupting chemicals. Healthcare professionals can support a transition away from harmful chemicals in medical devices to safer alternatives.
In this webinar we will:
- Outline the current regulatory framework applicable to medical devices and opportunities it brings.
- Show recent evidence of infant patients’ exposure to EDCs during the course of clinical care.
- Highlight current knowledge deficits among healthcare providers working with most vulnerable patients (neonatologists).
- Emphasise that further awareness and collaboration for substitution is needed amongst healthcare professionals.
- Raise awareness amongst healthcare providers and inspire them to seek safer alternatives and demand for PVC- and DEHP-free medical devices.