Speakers: Bruno U.K. Steiner, PT, DPT, LMT, RMSK, and Mark A. Krimmel, PT, DPT
At the conclusion of this collaborative webinar with the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal echotexture of muscle tissue;
- Recognize, detect and differentiate between muscle contusions, tears and Heterotopic Ossification;
- Appreciate the value of longitudinal serial MSKUS imaging of muscle injuries and Myositis Ossificans Traumatica;
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of MSKUS vs. MRI and Radiography for Muscle Injury and Heterotopic Ossification, and;
- Appreciate the role of MSKUS in the guidance of activity management during rehabilitation and the return to prior functional levels.
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AIUM designates this internet activity enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.