General concerns and anxieties can be difficult to manage during the best of situations, but what happens when you are trying to manage them during an international pandemic and provide supportive leadership? This workshop will provide a brief overview on how anxiety can impact our general functioning, our functioning in crisis, and different strategies you can use to adapt your leadership style to minimize the impact of anxiety on your staff during this unprecedented time in our country and lives.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the impact anxiety has on general functioning
• Identify two leadership interventions to implement to manage the impact of anxiety on staff
• Learn how to set up daily routines to help
• Establish a safe, calm, and secure environment with supportive care for staff and clients
• Develop healing, hopeful, honest, and trusting relationships within the public health system