The webinar on ‘Embracing Heritage Month: What You Should Know About Africa’ will be held to commemorate Heritage Month.
All the seeds being planted now are contributing to bringing the African Union’s Agenda 2063 into fruition. Africa’s Agenda 2063’s aspiration 5 aims for a continent with a strong cultural identity, common heritage, shared values and ethics. Through this aspiration, the goal is for the promotion of pan-Africanism and common history, destiny, identity, heritage, respect for religious diversity and consciousness of African people’s and her diaspora’s will be entrenched. The aim of this webinar is to encourage all Africans to remember and celebrate their cultures and heritage, in the wider context of a continent that belongs to all its people.
This webinar is organised by AUDA-NEPAD, The Mandela Institute for Development Studies, Wits University Centre on African Philanthropy and Social investment and Hadithi Africa.
The speakers are:
• Mrs Graça Machel, Chairperson of the Mandela Institute for Development Studies
• Dr Ibrahim Mayaki, CEO of the African Union Development Agency-NEPAD
• Dr Nkosana Moyo, Founder Mandela Institute for Development Studies
• Mr Francis Daniels, Director of Anibok Investment Research Chambers
• Prof Sunday O. Ojo Executive Director, Inclusive African Indigenous Language Technology Institute
Facilitator: Prof. Bheki Moyo, Centre on African Philanthropy and Social investment