This live Seizure Training for School Nurse is hosted by the Epilepsy Foundation.
1. Each person must pre-register for the live training.
2. Complete a pre-assessment (https://bit.ly/SchoolNursePre) prior to the training.
3. Attend the live training.
4. Retrieve the post-assessment passcode at the end of the training.
5. Complete a post-assessment (https://bit.ly/SchoolNursePost) after the training.
6. Retrieve the certificate of completion after passing the post-assessment. The certificate can be saved and/or printed before closing the assessment page. The certificate will be automatically emailed as well.
This program is designed to provide the school nurse with information, strategies, and resources that will enable him/her to better manage the student with seizures by supporting positive treatment outcomes, maximizing educational and developmental opportunities, and ensuring a safe and supportive environment.
1. Identify (2) of the most common seizure types in students with epilepsy, potential triggers, and risk factors for seizures and emergencies.
2. Identify (3) ways in which treatment of epilepsy may affect a student’s health, safety or learning.
3. Apply (2) strategies to alleviate psychosocial challenges relating to epilepsy for students, parents, and school personnel.
4. List 3 first aid steps in helping a student during and after a seizure.
5. Create a Seizure Action Plan for a student with epilepsy using safe practices for medication administration and delegation.
Continuing Education Credits
Total number of nursing contact hours awarded for this educational activity: 2.75
Review the registration confirmation message for Acknowledgments/Disclaimers and Accommodations Requests.