Over the past few years, cooperative and employee-owned businesses have experienced an explosion of interest as proven strategies for creating and retaining good quality jobs, expanding equity and inclusion, and building opportunity and wealth in America’s communities.
Join this event where leaders from around the country will share compelling stories and action-oriented materials about the growing cooperative movement – and what it might mean for business development in Washington state.
Speakers will include:
• Ted Howard, Co-Founder and President, The Democracy Collaborative; co-author of The Making of a Democratic Economy
• Shevanthi Daniel, Senior Program Director, Democracy at Work Institute
• Brett Jones, Senior VP Fund for Employee Ownership, and Director of Evergreen Cooperative Business Services (Cleveland, OH)
• Alison Lingane, Co-Founder, Project Equity
• Diane Gasaway, Executive Director, Northwest Cooperative Development Center
As our nation and state emerge from the wide range of pandemic-induced economic challenges, learn how cooperatives can truly help us to “build back better.”