Sales, Use, Hotel Occupancy Tax, and Capital Expenditures: Strategies to Avoid Overpayments and Recover Lost Revenue
As the hotel industry continues to battle a historic economic crisis, internal finance departments are burdened with the pressure to identify excess, cut costs, and find innovative revenue opportunities.
Consequently, CFOs are no longer ignoring the possible value-add opportunities within their tax departments – leaving no stone unturned to implement money-saving strategies.
It is not uncommon for businesses with more than $100M in spend to overpay $500K+ in sales & use tax annually. This loss of cash not only hurts the bottom line, but it also exposes businesses to needless and repetitive internal errors.
During this webinar, PMBA will discuss how technology and data are crucial to uncovering (and recovering!) lost revenue caused by erroneous sales and use tax overpayments.
Our speakers will explore:
• Common exposure and overpayment areas in the hotel industry (e.g., capital improvements, direct mail and media advertising, nontaxable services or purchase, installation or repairs, and many more)
• The demonstrated relevance and value of recovery and audit strategies (with case-studies from Fortune 500 companies)
• How advancements in recovery technologies use AI to capture more data (incl. purchase analytics), detect errors sooner, identify exposure areas, and ultimately add value to the bottom line
• Steps you can take now to identify and repair broken processes or exposed areas leading to lost profits
• Protect your company from future errors or over-payments