Successful partnerships between academic and industrial laboratories foster innovation by facilitating the exploration of new ideas with shared resources and complementary expertise. However, financial, intellectual property and communication challenges often hinder these partnerships. This webinar will feature a panel of commercialization experts from diverse backgrounds who have successfully forged these relationships. The session will dispel misconceptions about how these interactions work and guide those interested in developing and maintaining productive partnerships.
• Gregory Gatto, Scientific Manager at GlaxoSmithKline
• Renee Yura, Director and Diagnostics Lead at Pfizer
• Carolyn Buser, VP of the Novel Human Genetics Research Unit at GSK (former head of the Discovery Partnerships in Academia Unit)
• Almesha Campbell, Assistant Vice President, Division of Research and Economic Development, Jackson State University
• Kevin Harter, Professor of Practice in Entrepreneurship and Associate Dean for Medical Innovation at Penn State College of Medicine
• Daniel Neafsey, Assistant Professor at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
• Barbara Sosnowski, Vice President for External R&D Innovation at Pfizer