Presented by Alan Blankstein, Marcus Newsome, Monica George-Fields, Linda Darling Hammond, Zaretta Hammond, Ricky Robertson, and Cyndee Blount
Leading for equity is, first and foremost, a pedagogical endeavor. It also necessitates creating school cultures built on trust and a shared commitment to disrupting inequitable policies and practices. The third in our popular Breakthrough Leadership webinar series, Inequity Is Not an Option zeros in on providing access to high quality curriculum, instruction, and assessment with particular emphasis on serving historically underserved student populations. Teacher leaders as well as school and district administrators are encouraged to attend.
Topics to be addressed include:
• Culturally responsive teaching to promote student agency
• Social Emotional Learning that prioritizes educational equity
• Closing the digital divide
• Strengthening distance and blended learning
• Trauma informed practice through the lens of equity