Historically, IBM mainframe and zOS world have been a very siloed, closed discipline. Everyone in the mainframe community has built their own solutions and kept most of their information to themselves.
We at IBA Group modernized and populated a new approach that broke the cycle of ad hoc web searching or reaching to fellow engineers for mainframe solutions. Our new approach gave our teams a single hub they could search to find answers to their mainframe questions.
Ultimately, we developed a GitHub (https://iba-mainframe-dev.github.io/IBA-GRMD-Page/) repository for all things mainframe accumulating 25+ years of experience from 500+ of our Mainframe CoE fellow engineers. Lots of useful scrips from JCL jobs to DevOps scripts.
At first, we kept this repository internal to prove that it worked. Now we are sharing our repository with the community as an open-source project.
Join our webinar to learn from Yulia and Ilya how you can bring open-source to the zOS and how anyone from the mainframe community can:
- Save a lot of time, effort, and frustration when solving mainframe problems.
- Throw out some of your technical folders, notebooks, files, and sticky notes.
- Discover a lot of useful, hard-to-find mainframe information in one place.
- Learn some new, modern approaches to mainframe administration.
- Bring real-world DevOps practices (link to the repository-specific case) to your mainframe function.
- Contribute your knowledge to the mainframe community.