*IMPORTANT* You need to use an institutional email address to register for this tutorial. Personal email addresses will not be accepted.
In this tutorial, participants will get a hands-on introduction to the Pollux OpenStack service using the Horizon web interface. Each participant will be provided with a course account giving them access to the Pollux service, allowing them to recreate the steps outlined in the tutorial. By the end of the tutorial, participants should be familiar with the process of accessing and launching Virtual Machines (VMs), and also how to remotely access VMs using ssh. Note that in advance of the tutorial participants should ensure that ssh is correctly setup on their laptop.
Who should attend?
- HPC infrastructure users
- Platform developers/owners
- How to use the Horizon web GUI to access Pollux service
- Configuring and launching VMs
- Remotely accessing VMs using key pair and ssh
- Brief introduction to Pollux OpenStack service
- Accessing Pollux service via web interface
- Overview of resources consumed/available
- Creating a key pair
- Launch instance
- Associate floating IP
- Remotely access VM using ssh