Compass IT Compliance VP of IT Audit Derek Boczenowski will be joining Brian Lamoureux of Pannone Lopes Devereux & O’Gara to discuss consumer data privacy rights, the history of data privacy, and data privacy regulations (current and upcoming). Some of the topics discussed will include:
• The erosion of our privacy over the last 10 years and the events that paved the way for social media and Big Tech companies to gather, monetize, and exploit consumer data
• How the pandemic has affected employee working conditions and privacy rights
• The evolution of COVID tracking apps and the risks that may arise as they continue gaining traction and collecting more data
• Employers gathering employee health data throughout the pandemic and beyond
• The recent trend of individuals falsely claiming HIPAA protections to avoid wearing face masks in required facilities
Please contact Compass IT Compliance's Marketing Manager, Nicholas Foisy at email@example.com with any event questions!