In-person civil jury trials in Philadelphia County are now taking place and the impact on case resolution is wide reaching. An esteemed panel of judges, mediators and lawyers from both sides of the aisle will discuss the resumption of jury trials from multiple perspectives – from the impact on the insurance industry to the courts to alternative dispute resolution and jurors.
While this 90-minute program will focus on Philadelphia County, the discussion will be insightful and informative, regardless of jurisdiction.
The Honorable Daniel Anders, Supervising Judge of the Trial (Civil) Division, will provide the trial court’s perspective, including the implementation of protocols and guidelines for conducting in-person jury trials in Philadelphia during the pandemic. Judge Lisa Rau (Ret.) will discuss the use of virtual platforms and the impact of jury trial resumption on mediation and ADR.
The program will examine the impact on the insurance industry with respect to case resolution, pending cases awaiting trial, and how the pandemic may affect jury panels. Defense and plaintiff’s trial bar representatives will also discuss what the resumption of jury trials means for attorneys and how they are advising clients.
· The Honorable Daniel Anders, Supervising Judge of the Trial Division-Civil Section, Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas
· Ana Watson, Esq., Member, Clark Hill PLC
The Honorable Lisa M. Rau (Ret.), Resonate Mediation and Arbitration LLC
· Daniel Ferhat, Esq., President, Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel and Partner, White and Williams LLP
· Daniel Jeck, Esq., President, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and Partner, Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C.
· Andrew Susko, Esq., Managing Partner, White and Williams LLP