As machines advance in complexity and the mass globalization of industrial machinery continues to expand, automation systems are being tasked with handling increased workloads and processing more complex algorithms. With these growing demands comes the need for not only a more capable and robust programming languages, but also for more transparency for the operator and engineers who support the solution in the field.
Join Siemens for a 90-minute live, guided introduction to implementing text-based solutions inside the TIA Portal in both the programming environment and in the operator interface. New and experienced users to Siemens automation products, will learn a basic, best practices approach to creating programs in the Structured Control Language (SCL), adding multilingual comments and objects to projects.
Benefits of attending:
* Discover the power and flexibility of using the SCL for programming PLC code and implementing higher-level programming concepts to minimize engineering efforts
* Explore how programmers can utilize SCL and ladder (LAD) programming in the same project to make their programming more efficient, simpler to debug, and easier to maintain
* Learn how to export program comments, translate them into various languages and re-import them into TIA Portal to create multilingual PLC and HMI projects in a matter of minutes
Pre-requisites (optionally, for following along with the presenter):
1) Log on and/or register on our Industrial Support website (www.siemens.com/sios)
2) Download and install a free trial of TIA Portal v16 Professional in advance of the training (https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/109772803). “DVD 1 Setup” (4 files) for “TRIAL Download STEP 7 Basic/Professional, STEP 7 Safety Basic/Advanced and WinCC Basic/Comfort/Advanced and WinCC Unified” are required for following along.