This webinar is designed for all RGN’s who have not conducted IV Cannulation for a while and are looking to update their theory and skill set. The webinar covers best practice, legal aspects and the theoretical procedure of IV Cannulation.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. Acute will not assume any responsibility for such assessments. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• NMC code of conduct
• Patient identification and consent
• Legal and professional approach
• Basic universal precautions
• The vascular system (arteries, veins and valves)
• Reasons to cannulate
• The procedure (site selection, preparation, equipment, insertion, maintenance and removal)
• Calculating drip rates
• Infection control
• Potential complications
• Ethical and legal responsibilities
• Competency framework and theory test