Broadly, designing and implementing a 5G network requires comprehensive planning and testing. For telcos, navigating this terrain can be treacherous, especially when limited internal skill sets is a top concern of executives when it comes to developing a 5G private network.
On the contrary, enterprises will need to focus on their business readiness to capitalise possible opportunities that will arise from 5G deployment. Hence, who are the early adopters in Malaysia/SEA and how have they overcome this challenge? More importantly, has the promise of greater efficiency and innovation come true for the early adopters?
In this episode titled Digital Transformation in the 5G Era the panelists attempt their best to drill down into the challenges and opportunities of implementing 5G Technology.
- What is 5G Technology and why is it crucial in advancing the country’s digital economy?
- Enterprises' role in ensuring business readiness in capitalising opportunities.
- What are the present challenges in the deployment of the 5G network?
- Vendors & Telcos' role in assisting early corporate adopters
- Private and public partnership in expediting the nation’s 5G transformation journey.
Moderator: Karamjit Singh, CEO, Digital News Asia
-Dr Gopi Kurup, CEO, Axiata Enterprise
-Adrian Lim Wei Jin, Partner, Ernst & Young Consulting Sdn. Bhd.
-Dharmaraj Sivalingam, Head of Research, IDC ASEAN