This webinar is aimed at those working with or responsible for the welfare and well being of individuals with epilepsy. It is designed to ensure that practitioners are provided with relevant theoretical knowledge and skills relating to rescue medications associated with epilepsy.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. .
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Definition of and facts about epilepsy
• Classification and management of seizures
• Ethical and legal responsibilities
• Triggers and precipitants
• Person centred care planning and recording
• Risk assessment/promotion of safeguarding and dignity
• Epilepsy, mortality and SUDEP
• Status epilepticus
• Buccal Midazolam: uses in epilepsy, side effects, administration
• Emergency care plan and when to call an ambulance
• Access to local and national support network
• Competency framework and theory test