There is an urgent need to reimagine PreK-12 schools in order to reopen safely and equitably. Repurposing outdoor spaces is a cost-effective way to reduce the burden on indoor classrooms while providing fresh air, hands-on learning opportunities, and the health benefits associated with increased access to nature.
Join Sharon Danks, a leader of the National COVID-19 Outdoor Learning Initiative (www.greenschoolyards.org/covid-learn-outside), author of Asphalt to Ecosystems, and founder of Green Schoolyards America, to learn about her work supporting the creation of outdoor classrooms for reopening schools.
During her presentation Sharon will:
- Share practical examples to repurpose outdoor school spaces for outdoor learning
- Demonstrate planning scenarios to support assessing your outdoor learning space options
- Share outdoor learning infrastructure planning resources
- Provide examples of COVID-safe outdoor seating and instruction set up
- Provide a brief overview of the National COVID-19 Outdoor Learning Initiative work and resources
We plan for about 45 minutes of structured share outs followed by ample time for discussion and Q & A.
NOTE: We do recognize this registration form asks many questions. We appreciate you sharing prior to our gathering. We will use your input to create a more informative presentation.