Presented by Aaron Gelb, Mark Trapp, and Dan Deacon
Disciplining employees, a critical tool in enforcing workplace rules, has the potential to create problems, especially when relationships deteriorate and emotions run high. Even in situations where an employer is disciplining for the right reason, if it is handled incorrectly, a lawsuit or labor grievance could turn out to be costly. But in circumstances that warrant discipline, employers cannot just sit back. Productivity, employee morale, workplace culture, employee safety and health, and meeting goals are just some of the many considerations impacted by an effective employee discipline program. Consistent employee discipline can also benefit employers in litigation, union grievances, and inspections and investigations by the EEOC and OSHA.
This webinar will give you a blueprint to lawfully discipline employee and mitigate the risk of future litigation. Participants in this webinar will learn about:
• The legal implications of disciplining employees
• Tips for drafting effective discipline policies
• Effective investigations into performance issues and misconduct
• Strategies for carrying out effective discipline in a legally sound manner
• Ways that employee discipline can be used offensively in litigation