This webinar is designed for all RGNs, enrolled nurses & qualified staff who require a refresher to update their skill set. This webinar will updates your theory skills and provides a review of the procedure using instructional videos.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. Acute will not assume any responsibility for such assessments. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Venepuncture introduction
• Patient identification
• Patient consent
• Professional approach
• Basic universal precautions
• Selecting a site
• Order of draw
• Post venepuncture care
• Specimen labelling and special specimen handling
• Trouble shooting and problems
• Ethical and legal responsibilities
• Competency framework and theory test