This Webinar is designed for nurses and health care assistants involved in caring for patients with chronic and acute wounds. Following the session each candidate will have a greater
appreciation of wound types and the appropriate techniques to manage them effectively.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of national policies and guidance in relation to wound care
• Types of wounds - chronic / acute
• Understand the 3 stages of wound healing
• Identify the different cells involved in the stages of wound healing
• Explain the importance of infection control protocols in relation to wound care management
• 4 Principles of wound management - TIME concept (Tissue, Infection, Moisture, Edge)
• Categories & principles of wound healing
• Selecting the appropriate dressing and Aseptic Non Touch Techniques
• Decision-making including safeguarding and record keeping
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.