Hospital Management is in the middle of conflicting goals: while everything is done for the patient and many hospitals try to optimize the value for patients over a complete lifecycle, social security systems (payers) have great difficulties to align their systems to a value based approach.
The Hospital of the Brothers of St. John of God Vienna introduces tools like process costing and outcome measures as part of a long-term strategy to move from volume to value:
- Change the culture: Make doctors and nurses aware that limited resources need to be focused on best patient outcome;
- Create data that allows substantial analysis on the value of treatments in a patient lifecycle;
- Use above analysis to make educated patient focused decisions balancing outcome and cost given the regulatory and payers restrictions;
- Use above analysis to educate payers and governmental bodies to change policy.
Three short cases will also be presented:
1. The decision process to push robotic surgery in their hospital (including the calculations);
2. The Implementation of a province-wide system of 24/365 coverage for stent-retriever thrombectomy for stroke;
3. Wrong incentivization in financing chemotherapies in Austria as showcase for mis-regulation.
- By registering, you submit your details to the IHF and provide them your consent to be contacted regarding this webinar.
- After registering you will receive instructions on how you can login to the webinar. If you don't find it in your inbox, please check your Spam/Junk folder.