Thanks to the user feedback ending our last AutoCAD based webcast, this session will be focusing on AutoCAD blocks and attributes.
We will be creating standard blocks that can be used for symbology and varying a block to enable it to scale based upon the drawing / viewport scale set in your drawing.
We will also be creating a drawing frame that contains labels / tags that we refer to as attributes and the reuse of blocks to cut down on time spent redrafting symbology that has already been created. Dynamic blocks will be covered in a future web session.
What are blocks and why use them?
- What is the layer byblock?
- The importance of layers
- Creating a simple block
- Block editing
What are attributes?
- Creating attributes and the options available
- Create a block with attributes
- Managing attributes
What is an annotative block and usage?
- Create an annotative block
Reuse of blocks:
- Exporting blocks
- Redefining blocks
- Inserting blocks from blocks palette, tool palettes, design centre