The objective of this course is to train workers in accordance with OSHA's Hazard Communications Standard (HCS) regarding the classification of chemicals, labeling, and Safety Data Sheets in alignment with the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have a basic understanding of:
- What is Hazard Communication?
- Employee and employer responsibilities under the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Required elements of an effective Hazard Communication Program.
- Required elements for hazardous materials labeling in accordance with the Globally
Harmonized System (GHS).
- The purpose and content of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).