This webinar has been designed for staff wanting to update both their theory and practical skills in catheterisation. By the end of the course attendees will be familiar with reasons for catheterisation, the equipment selection and the processes involved.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. Acute will not assume any responsibility for such assessments. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Definitions and methods of catheterisation
• Understand the advantages and risks of urethral and suprapubic catheterisation
• Indications for urethral and suprapubic catheterisation
• Contraindications to catheterisation Urological anatomy and physiology male and female
• Post procedure catheter positioning
• Post procedure check list
• Daily care of catheter systems including record keeping
• Male and/or female and/or supra pubic catheterisation procedure (theory session)
• Ethical and legal responsibilities